The BEST Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
Updated: Mar 31, 2020
Hello Everyone! I'm so excited to share one of my favorite recipes with you all:
The best part about this recipe is that it is 100% vegan. I know, sounds sketchy... but trust me, you won't even realize there is anything missing! It has a soft crumb, moist texture, and works great for breakfast muffins.
The key to any successful banana bread recipe is over-ripe bananas
The darker the banana, the better!
I also used vegan chocolate chips for this batch of muffins, but you can also use walnuts, pecans, raisins, coconut flakes, or any of your favorite mix-ins!
First, preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F.
1. Peel the bananas and place them into a mixing bowl. You can use an electric hand mixer or standing mixer to mash the bananas, but I find that a good old-fashioned fork works fine
2. Add both sugars, oil, and extracts to the bowl and mix well. I always like to use a little bit of vanilla in every recipe, but I also added rum extract to this batch for some extra flavor.
(If you really wanna have some fun, add some bourbon!)
3. Next, add the dry ingredients: Flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Fold in the dry ingredients until it is well mixed, but be careful not to over-mix it- this will make for a very tough muffin! Note that this batter will be fairly thick.
4. Fold in your favorite mix-ins
5. Scoop the batter into a greased loaf pan or muffin tin. For a finishing touch, sprinkle the top with brown sugar or some more chocolate chips!
Bake in a loaf for approximately 45 minutes, and approximately 25 minutes for muffins.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, along with my family and friends. Im sure you will be pleasantly surprised, you won't even know it's vegan!
Thanks for stopping by, see you soon!